Dan Spielberg, in not many words, without oversimplifying one bit.
by Dan Spielberg
13 May 09 | LRC
“The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names”
~ Chinese Proverb
If you are a poor, hapless Afghan civilian whose family’s bodies were ripped apart by U.S. bombs, does it really make a difference to you if the air “strikes” were ordered by the Moron from Texas, George W Bush, or the Agent of Change, Barack Obama? I would think not. If you were a Pakistani civilian whose village had been bombed by the U.S. would your heart be comforted by the fact that the mad bombers have a new, young, hip ‘Commander-in-Chief’ who makes funny jokes to all the stenographers known as “The Washington Press Corps”? I sincerely doubt that as well.
Barack Obama sold himself to the country as someone who would bring massive “change” to the policies of the U.S. government, but of course when it comes to the favorite activity of that cancerous organism, warring against wholly innocent civilian populations in foreign countries, there will be no change. In fact, even the pleas of the President of the supposedly free and democratic country of Afghanistan are meaningless in the face of the U.S. government’s desire to enforce its will on as much of the Earth as possible. I wonder if Americans would feel like they lived in a “free democracy” if the U.S. was occupied by a foreign military power that regularly killed our people and refused to stop? A power that calls refraining from murder as fighting with “one hand tied behind our back” as White House “National Security” Advisor James Jones recently did? I am pretty sure they emphatically would NOT.
This morning’s news brings more information to us of “Barry’s” latest slaughter, with at least 8 people in Pakistan dead, none of whom ever hurt a single innocent American. If they had hurt any U.S. soldiers in the region, that, of course, is wholly a result of the imperialists in Washington invading the region in the first place. To kill someone for defending themselves against aggression is the definition of tyrannical is it not? Or is the U.S. Government so holy, so infallible and morally upright that any who defy it are to be disposed of, like so much human garbage? Is a country that claims to be Christian really ready to accept the blasphemous idea that the U.S. Government is above any laws, even those of the God that the majority of Americans claim to believe in?
The Chinese proverb that opens this piece is true in all times and places, so let’s call Mr. Obama by his real names: Wall Street Stooge, Zionist lickspittle, National Socialist, liar and above all, mass murderer.
- AUDIO — Scott Horton: Election of Obama Hurt the Peace Movement (29 Apr 09)
- VIDEO — Empire — Obama, Afghanistan, and Pakistan (30 Apr 09)
- VIDEO — Gerald Celente: Change You Can Believe In, If You’re Deaf, Stupid, and Blind (19 Apr 09)
- AUDIO — Chomsky’s Lectern: March ‘09 Interview with AntiWar Radio (4 Mar 09)
- AUDIO — Glenn Greenwald on Obama and the Law (25 Feb 09)
- The ‘Other Guantanamo’ (21 Feb 09)
- VIDEO — Finkelstein: Only Reason Why People Have Illusions About Obama is Because He’s Black (11 Feb 09)
- Afghans Protest Days After U.S. Air Raid Kills More Than 100 Civilians (7 May 09)
- Pentagon Seeking More Weapons Spending: Afghanistan Costs Will Eclipse Iraq (8 May 09)