Prof. Noam Chomsky on “Washington Report”, a Pakistani program, expands on how:
- the so-called ‘War on Terror’ is a literal war of terror from the Reagan Administration’s declaration to the Bush Administration’s ‘re-declaration’;
- the motivations behind the slogans of ‘hope’ and ‘change’ coming from little more than ‘selling toothpaste and why issues are marginalized in electoral politics;
- Obama’s continuity of U.S. ‘consistent support of the militarization of Pakistan’ over liberating Pakis to ‘maintain control of the region’ using the Pak government as ‘one of its agents’;
- Obama’s strategy in expanding the war into Pakistan will obviously radicalize the population;
- the ‘methods of subversion’ imperial powers are reliant on the submission of occupied populations to deliberately ‘undermine democracy’.
Part One (9:53):
Part Two (6:58):
Part Three (6:56):
Part Four (9:18):
Noam Chomsky is a libertarian socialist Institute Professor of Linguistics (Emeritus) at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, known as the ‘father of modern lingustics’, cognitive scientist, political activist, most cited living author of over 100 books on linguistics, political science and media, one of the world’s leading intellectuals and of an elite few in the history of the world to be at the top of two fields: linguistics and political science.