Jeremy Scahill discusses his must-read article from last week — “Obama Thug Squad Brutalizing Prisoners at Gitmo” — with Scott Horton on AntiWar Radio. The Immediate Reaction Force (IRF) is one of the many, and most shocking, disgusting realities within the War of Terror.
Part I is a much shorter interview with Amy Goodman on Democracy Now! posted here.
Scott Horton Interviews Jeremy Scahill
20 May 09 | AntiWar Radio
Independent journalist Jeremy Scahill discusses the continuous 18 year history of the U.S. bombing of Iraq, the Guantanamo Immediate Reaction Force (IRF) that brutalizes prisoners and even a U.S. soldier, Obama’s failure to improve detention facilities and how the Spanish Guantanamo torture investigation is proceeding apace while the U.S. dawdles. (31:35):
Jeremy Scahill is the author of Blackwater: The Rise of the World’s Most Powerful Mercenary Army. He is a frequent contributor to The Nation magazine, Antiwar.com and more than a dozen other outlets including the national radio and TV program Democracy Now!
- VIDEO — Jeremy Scahill: Obama’s ‘Thug Squad’ at Guantanamo Bay — Part I (20 May 09)
- Little Known Military Thug Squad Still Brutalizing Prisoners at Gitmo Under Obama (15 May 09)
- Chomsky’s Lectern: Unexceptional Americans — Why We Can’t See the Trees or the Forest (20 May 09)
- AUDIO/VIDEO — President Obama ‘Morphing Into His Predecessor’ Blocking Transparency and Prosecution of Torture (14 May 09)
- Senate Democrats Reject Funding to Close Gitmo (20 May 09)
- Watching Obama Morph Into Dick Cheney (21 May 09)
- Obama Eyes ‘Preventive Detention’ System (21 May 09)